Open to any children's, YA or adult book published in 2021. Must be a UK or Ireland based author. Publishers can submit up to 5 books and self-published authors can submit up to 2 books.
We close May 31st 2022.
Terms and conditions
1. All books nominated should be published in 2021.
2. All books should be fiction and can be traditionally published or self-published.
3. All authors must be born or reside in the UK or Ireland.
4. At nomination stage, you agree to sending up to 10 copies of your book to 10 different addresses (to the longlist judges).
5. At the longlist stage, you agree to sending up to 10 further copies of your book for competition prizes and marketing.
6. You will provide the author’s name, contact email, social media links and postal address. These details will be treated in total confidentiality and will only be used in connection with the awards.
7.You will provide high resolution jpeg images of the author, the front cover of the book and the publisher logo.
8. You will pay the relevant fee if your book is shortlisted within 30 days of invoice receipt: £150 for self-published/indie authors, £300 for publishers with under 10 employees, £500 for publishers with 10+ employees. VAT is not applicable.
9. The shortlist may be required to send a further 10 copies of the book.
10. When requested you will provide a contact for us to communicate with regarding sales, and PR/marketing.
11. If you have made the top 3 in children's, YA and adult, you/the author will send a 1-minute acceptance speech in case we have to do the event online.
12. We have the right to call in books to be submitted for the awards and decline books we don't feel are diverse.